RE: Re: Gas gauge did something funky today....

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 22:56:49 EDT

Time for a new sending unit.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of Jon
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 7:27 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: Gas gauge did something funky today....

My '96 has always been way off. Now, for instance, it's sitting in the yard
with 178.6 miles on this tank, and the gauge says I have less than a quarter
tank left! Plug in the numbers, and the math says that means I'm only
getting 9 MPG!
Now, this tank has been mostly around town, but my truck gets 15-16 around
town and 17-19 on the highway. If I was to go fill up now, I'm confident
I'd have most of a half-tank left.
I don't know why it does this.. makes it kind of tricky to figure out
exactly when to fill up.

--
Later,
Jon