Compression check results not good :-(

From: Doug Myers (doug.myers2@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 22:26:00 EDT

Hey guys,

    I posted about a week ago that I was getting a misfire code for the #2
cylinder. Well, I did a compression check tonite and I'm only registering
about 50# on that cylinder. I checked the #4 for just for comparison and
it's showing about 165#. That definitely explains the misfire code I keep
getting.

    So what do I do now? I squirted some oil in the cylinder and ran the
test again with no change. That means the valves are shot, right? Did my
3-angle valve job wear out that fast (13,000 miles?) Did I adjust the valves
too tight? Any ideas what might have caused this?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice,

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG - 14.320@98.46mph
'70 Barracuda Gran Coupe 383/auto - work in progress