Re: Compression check results not good :-(

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 00:13:51 EDT

> Did my
> 3-angle valve job wear out that fast (13,000 miles?) Did I adjust the valves
> too tight? Any ideas what might have caused this?
Your compression test (wet) showed that you indeed had a valve problem.
Simplest explanation would be incorrect valve clearance, resulting in burned
valve.
More complicated is improper valve/valve seat grinding, and the worst, I
would think, would be cracked valve seat/head.
Be thankful it's one cylinder, and in the valves.
Good luck, and let us know your findings.
If it helps, I replaced the RF wheel bearings and turned the rotor tonight.
After successful repairs, the brakes pulled to the left. (brake/rotor assy.
was SPOTLESS-used lots of brake cleaner and allowed it to dry.) Not after an
easy bed in period, then about 10 HARD stops from about 50!
Nice brakes now. LF next week.

I'd like some softer pads. Does anyone have suggestions, and where to get
them?
I'm too used to having lots of aftermarket options on my bikes.

TIA
Jon
STL MO
92 V6 std cab lg bed