Control Arm Bolts / alignment

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 04:24:04 EDT

Well I am wearing down my set of tires pretty fast - they are really
feathered out. Incorrect front end alignment will do that. I know why
an alignment can't be completed properly. I am just not sure what to do
about it.

The two upper control arm bolts are rusted solid. I assume they are
bolts that are secured into the (threaded) control arm? Best I can tell
is that it is not a nut/bolt set up. (this is the 4x4 I am talking
about) If they are threaded - cna I drill them out and use a nut/bolt
combo? ... or should I just replace the damned control arms? The reason
I don't want to replace the control arms is because I do not plan on
keeping the IFS set up for very long (innocent look on face), and I dont
want to spend any more money on the IFS than I have to.

I am planning a trip to Central Ohio and several trips to Northern
Wisconsin. Not to mention I want to make it out to Daktoberfest - I
need these wheels in alignment.

My mechanic made grumpy noises when I told him that I needed new bolts
put in there. He said it would be a hassle. If I can get away with el
cheapo way out I'll take it. Opinions????

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow