Re: Hot engine......

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 16:52:33 EDT

Mr. Plow wrote:

> I have thought about flushing the rad(s) but i'll wait to hear what the
> DML gang has to say. :)
>

> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out....

Mista Blasta!

Well if it was me I would start with a flush and fill. Always good to
keep fresh coolant in the pipes. Did you use any cleaner when you hosed
off the radiator? I found that no matter how much clear water you use
on that stuff - the Steiger Quick Set Concrete^(TM) (heheh) leaves a
residue. I think that stuff auctually acts as an insulator. Almost
like a ceramic kind of substance. Might want to take a mild cleaner or
such and do just what you thought about - take it apart and scrub it down.

Ya might want to do the same to the engine as well (if it hasn't been
done already). Make sure to cover any important stuff, you don't want
to get wet LOL. Seems a little silly to say that eh??

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow