California PCM flash/Throttle position question

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 18:24:23 EDT

Hey guys,

Had my truck dynoed and I was a little disappointed, but during I found some
things that aren't normal. While on the dyno we hooked the truck up to an
OBDII program and at wide open throttle the computer showed that the throttle
body was only 74% open. I checked voltages at the throttle postion sensor and
it showed only 3.8 VDC. It should be 4.8 VDC. I was wondering if anybody else
had ever checked their voltages at wide open throttle.

Also, I am unfortunate enough to live in CA and I had to have my PCM re-flashed
by the dealer a couple years ago for some emissions TSM and ever since then my
truck has been noticeably less powerful. Wondering if you guys had any info on
this TSM or if it had anything to do with the low voltage readings on my
throttle position sensor.

The truck is a 98 4x4 5.2 5-spd.

=====
John
Fillmore, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Pro Comps
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's