Stumble on start up

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 20:12:20 EDT

Thanks for your ideas guys, and yes I have read the other posts that have
been sort of on this topic. But they all talk about stumbling and stalling
and hard to restart again. I don't have that problem yet :-) just a slight
stumble and sputter at initial start up, then no problems. Those of you
that have mentioned the IAC or pre-cat O2 sensor could be on to something,
I'll check that out. I've tried pre-priming the fuel pump 2-3 times before
starting, no change.

>You're at six years old and probably
> nearing that 100K mile mark. Your timing chain could have stretched to
the
> point of replacement. How about your plugs, rotor, and cap? Coil? When
> did you last clean your TB and sensors? How about your O2 sensor? These
> are just a few things that might make the Dak stumble.

Yes it is a 97 but I only have 34000 kilometers on the odometer ( yes that's
right 34000kms) , I have 2 other cars to play with also :-) so I don't
think the "old age" factors come into play yet such as timing chain stretch
etc.

Thanks again, I think I'll look into the easy stuff first.
~Jay