Re: More "no show" BBS Messages

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 15:44:17 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Sounds like you're using the newsgroup version of the list, which
> is what I use. I noticed that there were two replies to that post
> "by themselves", but the rest were under the original message. I
> checked it out, and what happened was that the original message was
> actually posted mid-way through the "check out my new website" thread
> by Chad Evans.
>
> My guess is that you marked that thread read, and that also caused
> the original "need to vent" post along with about 5 replies to
> dissapear.
>
> I have noticed posts being put under the "wrong" threads before.
> I'm not 100% sure what is happening, but I suspect that when some folks
> create a new post, they reply to an existing message and chang the subject
> instead of actually sending out a fresh, new post. This will cause it to
> reference whatever post they have replied to and it will get stuck in
> that thread, instead of creating a new one.

Hmm that sounds about right Jon - I'm surprised I didn't think of that
before. That is the only down side to the newsgroups version... unless
you are actively searching the threads - you will occasionally miss
messages. Whereas the mail list version lists them pretty much in
chronological order - no matter how old the thread.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow