Re: More "no show" BBS Messages

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 16:03:54 EDT

On Sat, 03 Aug 2002 15:49:43 -0400, Granpa Silver89 wrote:

> Hmm that sounds about right Jon - I'm surprised I didn't think of that
> before. That is the only down side to the newsgroups version... unless
> you are actively searching the threads - you will occasionally miss
> messages. Whereas the mail list version lists them pretty much in
> chronological order - no matter how old the thread.

You should be able to configure any software to display the messages
however you want. AFAIK, Netscape and Mozilla both allow you to display
mail or news folders in either threaded or non-threaded mode. The default
seems to be threaded for news and non-threaded for mail, but there's no
reason to stick with the defaults. Try looking through some of the
options, or just clicking on the column headers to see if you can re-sort
it.

Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario