Back on the road

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 12:56:08 EDT

I made time this weekend to finally get to my truck . . . can't
believe its been a month since the BBQ. I hosed out the engine
bay, cleaned the throttle body thoroughly, dumped in some stuff
in the oil that you run for five minutes to remove deposits,
changed the oil and filter, cleaned the air filter, and she runs
alright. The engine *is* a bit noisier than before (sounds like
the bottom end), but not so bad that someone who didn't know
what it sounded like before would notice (maybe). It doesn't
run rough at all, but I do get black smoke when I get on the
gas. I put some fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank (for good
measure) and some stuff in the crankcase that says its supposed
to stop smoking . . . I don't put any faith in the additives
really, but they're cheaper than pulling apart the engine, so
thought I'd try 'em. If the oil burning is as bad as it looks
out the tail pipe, I still might have to tear into the engine,
but as it is now, it ought to get me through the winter fine.
We'll see. Any other suggestions?

=====
Later,
JY
Fairborn, OH '98 CC 5.2L 5spd 4x4 w/prerunner bumper
Pics -- http://photos.yahoo.com/onebad4x4dak