Re: V8 Throttle Body-Another Question

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 13:54:44 EDT

The Fastman is a reworked stock TB, I have the 50mm, works great. He
removes the airhats, bores them out, puts in thinner blades and new shafts.
The F&B TBs are complete new pieces, I hear they're really nice, but they
also cost twice as much as Fastman. I think the flow numbers are a little
better on the F&B ones too, but for the money I'd go with Fastman, and put
the other $250 towards other mods. I've never seen a Mopar Performance TB,
so I can't comment on those.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

<SCalHOTROD@aol.com> wrote in message news:18e.c04b268.2a82b5c1@aol.com... > > Since Flowmetrics and Fastman were just mentioned, does anyone know the > difference bettwen those and the Mopar Performance throttle body. > > Are they much better? > > Just looking for people's opinions on all three... > > Thanks, > > Chris > Santa Clara, CA > > In a message dated 8/7/02 9:47:06 AM, OffRoad322@aol.com writes: > > << Does anyone have a V8 (48mm) Throttle Body for Sale? I have a 3.9L V6 and > have been looking to upgrade my throttle body. I already have an intake and > Flowmaster exhaust, so I think this is the next step for me. I don't have a > lot of money to spend, so that is why I am looking for just a normal V8 > throttle body, not a Flometrics or Fastman. Anyone have a nice one laying > around? >> >