Re: Poor Mileage

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@directvinternet.com)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 23:46:43 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Tubamirbls@aol.com>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Poor Mileage

> So far as federally-mandated recalls are concerned, I know that on
> previous vehicles upon bringing it in for service the computer to the
> manufacturer is checked and if no dealer has shown that the recall has
been
> done they do it whether you ask for it or not.

I understand that to a degree but I was upset since there was no compaint in
this area. While at the same time I was upset I have since come to the
conclusion that this does happen. The part about it that has upset still is
the fact that it did cause me problems and teh fact I have taken the truck
to the dealer for this exact problem 4 or 5 fives since not including the
times I have had it in for another service item and brought this up. I did
go through the dealership with this problem and based it upon the fact that
it was done without me having any input. It just bothers me that they would
do something like this when you have no complaint whatsoever. The complaints
going up in the dealership and teh rep evolved over a period of time based
not only on this fact but the fact that I was not even getting the service
dept. to do anything (they would turn me away at the service drive) and not
even look into my problem. I did after complaining several times get thim to
flash teh computer again but have been told that they have no way of getting
the original flash from chrysler to flash it back the way it was. I have
never been rude to them, raised my voice, or any other manner of not
handling this properly. I understtand fully how their channles work but have
been very unsatisfied to the fact that after a year I still fell like I
haven't gotten very far. I gave up the notion along time ago I was not going
to get any recourse for just doing the flash but I still need to get my
truck back to normal. I also have been pinging, and been flashed for it, but
nothing has ever helped. I have got tired of the dealer telling me that all
of my problems are from the gas and grade I use when I have used several
dfferent brands and grades. It's not a good thing when your truck pings with
premium gas in it. Their answer to this is I should try a different gas
station to which I tell them I have run 4 different tanks through it at 4
differnt gas stations/ brands and it still pings. This is what I am dealing
with. Who knows, maybe one day i'll get it resolved but not likely. I have
owned several other dodges, american cars, and european cars and never had
these problems. I have tried 3 different dealerships and have settled on
another one since they at least sem to try and fix the problem. Again, who
knows but I won't quit but probably will not buy another dodge after this if
this is what the dealers in my area do. That's a shame because I actually
like my truck alot. I would just lemon law it but due to the fact it was
caused by a computer flash the state will not look into it.