RE: Re: Howdy from the New Guy

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 23:27:44 EDT

While I agree with Gary on the F&B TB (it works great) I disagree with him
on the FIPK. I had tried several different intake setups and I find that
the FIPK is better all the way around. I notice more power out if it
(though I have no dyno sheets to prove it). I think the major factors were
the one piece airhat to filter setup, and the heat shield. I can't tell you
much about high-flow cats as I've never had one. I don't see a lot of
resistance there...yet. I am a believer of cat-back setups. I have a Borla
(rather expensive) and I love the sound and it freed up the back pressure
just enough. That coupled with the Mopar headers makes a tremendous
difference. You can get all of this from Speedtweaks as Gary mentioned, or
a number of other dealers. The headers are also available form the
manufacturer, Mike Leach & Co. and the TB is available from Bruce Bridges,
the manufacturer. Chip reflashes, if available, can also be gotten through
Mike Leach, associate of Ron Zimmer, a Mopar PCM programmer. Other things I
have done is a Line-X bedliner and a Snug Top tonneau cover for the back.
You can read more in my DML profile. See the link following the signature.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD