Re: Counting my pennys for my next mod....

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 16:37:50 EDT

Jon,
    Water Wetter & DEI cause water/Antifreeze solution to conduct heat better
and it also wets areas of the block/head castings causing them to give up
heat better. There are certain spots in the system that form hot spots due to
coolant flowing too fast to pick up the heat efficiently.
    A solution of 50/50 water/antifreeze solution is about 40% as efficient
as pure water in removing heat. The best coolant would be pure water with a
wetting agent. If you ran that solution, the corrosion would be unreal; so to
get close to this efficientancy you add water wetter or DEI to the
water/antifreeze solution. Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01">the "DAK",</A> <A
HREF="http://southernmopar.org">SouthernMopar</A>