Temp Gauge copy of bounces (Rick / Don)

From: bob (bocd@OPTONLINE.NET)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 17:43:51 EDT

My replies bounced....here is a copy of what I said:

Rick
My truck definilty runs much worse when over 210....I took he readings
at the raditor, waterpump,
anywhere I could get the lazer on. But i will change the thernostate
just in case....but I really feel that it wasn't running hot...sumptin
electrical / pcm like I think was going on.

Dan
It definitly didn't rise as it would as if the temp was going up. A
short would be more like it but its been fine since. The part that is
confusing me is....when the temp of the air cond condensor is high, the
compressor shuts down...right. Well like I said I shot it with a heat
gun which is very accurate and I couldn't get a reading over 195 / 200.
I'm just thinking that 1) the temp was high...which it wasn't cause the
truck was running fine...(it runs like shit over 210) or there are some
controls that
"thought" it was running hot and the air conditioning shut down.....or
maybe my halfs himmers is getting worse :o(

Thanks for your input