Re: Counting my pennys for my next mod....

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 17:41:00 EDT

> Come time for winter, I swap tstats again, empty the mix
> in the rad and add a stronger antifreeze - water mix to bring
> the overall mix back close to 50-50. I didn't do this one winter
> and, in the following winter (abnormally cold ... dropped to
> 0 -10 F frequently and below), I noticed that I began to get
> ice crystals forming in the mix. Promptly got the mix back
> to its 50-50 mix:-) HTH.

The Water Wetter had nothing to do with the ice forming in the coolant-that
was due to a weak antifreeze/water mixture.

Before anyone says any more, we use WW in a variety of DLM race engines,
from 358 to 430 c.i., running gas and alky. But, we don't run a thermostat,
or antifreeze, either.

Jon
STL MO