Re: Counting my pennys for my next mod....

From: Donald Mallett (mallett@prepaidlegal.com)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 17:43:31 EDT

In article <B9856D20.125DC%blkwidow1@primary.net> , blkwidow1@primary.net
("Jon N. Benignus") wrote:

> I don't understand why folks use Water Wetter. The thermostat controls the
> temp of the engine, not the coolant. If the Wetter makes it cool better, the
> thermostat will just raise the coolant temp right back where it was before
> the addition of the additive. If your engine is running hot, you either have
> a t-stat problem or another cooling system problem.
> Just like Slick 50, etc-snake oil.
>
> JMO
>
> Jon
> STL MO

Jon you are right. You got it. To a point, that point is when the T-stat is
fully open and the cooling system is not keeping the temp down at what the
T-stat is rated at. Of coarse this is with the cooling system working up to
par. This is when the full benfit of water wetter helps. With temps over 100
degs out side the cooling system needs all the help it can. Water wetter
and DEI cuts the serface tenshion (SP?) and allows the water so get in
closer to the hot engine parts. Thats on a micro level of corse. Have you
ever floated a sewwing needle in a bowl of water? It floats for the same
reason bugs can walk on water, serface tenshion. Put a drop of soap in the
water and the needle will sink. I wounder why the antifreeze makers don't
add somthing water wetter or DEI in the antifreeze?

I hope this helps you Jon to understand Water wetter or DEI a little better.

--
Don Mallett