Re: Counting my pennys for my next mod....

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 19:38:09 EDT

    Once the system temperature settles down to a constant.. The thermostat
will only partially open letting a lower coolant flow go thru. If the temp
starts rising too much then the thermostat will open a little more to
compensate for the extra heat.
    The thermostat won't normally open and close like a door after the system
settles down. If it does it causes a wide fluctuation in the block
temperature due to the rapid inrush of cold coolant from the radiator. A
slower constant coolant flow removes more heat than a fast high volume flow.
Am I right in this thinking? Bill

SEMIHEMI01@AOL.COM> KB SuperCharged, 4.7L, 2001, QC,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01">the "DAK",</A> <A
HREF="http://southernmopar.org">SouthernMopar</A>