Headers ?!?

From: Got-Speed \(Marty\) (Got-Speed@cox.net)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 22:29:45 EDT

Seeing all this talk about headers hurting has raised a few q's from me....
I just got a set of the Mopar headers for my 98 318 Auto. SO FAR I have
opened the exhaust by removing the muffler all together, have a cool air
intake, and a jet stage 2. I have on the way another TB unit that I plan on
modifiying for better airflow (Unitll the refurbs are released from F&B). I
also plan on putting on a full custom cat-back exhaust and may or may not
get a new cat too. At this point will I loose too much by putting the
headers on ? I don't mind leaving them in the closet for awhile untill I
have everything else I need. I also hope to get a NX kit in the (nearer)
future, and a SC in the (distant) future.
Obviously I would see a benifit from the last two mentioned, but what about
right now ??
With the 3 small things I have done performance wise, I can take my brothers
r/t by about a 1/4 truck length in an estimated 1/4 mile. Not too shabby in
my opinion, but I don't want to loose that edge :)

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed