Re: Changing Front Differential

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 00:00:06 EDT

If you're going to go to the trouble of doing this, you're probably best
off going all the way to a solid front axle swap. Between the diff
casing & parts changes and steering changes, it's going to be some
serious pain & money to do it.

In the process, you'll open yourself up to some serious gear, locker,
tire and suspension options. Parts are a little more plentiful for a
D44 and you'll definitely get more clearance and articulation.

I was going to post this earlier but wanted to check with a Durango
owner who snapped TWO front diff cases on his '00. His recommendation
was to go all the way to solid.