Rear suspension problems

From: crm (tb.crm@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 10:04:30 EDT

Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I took my 01 QC in to the dealer to fix a squeaking
coming from the rear end. After much turmoil (and almost the worst service
I've received from any service center) they finally got it "fixed". They
originally said it was the shocks, but it appears they replaced along with
those something called a shackle, and I also have new leaf springs. Not
being too familiar with the underside of my truck, I drove off not caring
and just happy to finally have my ride back.

Immediately after, I started noticing a "thump" coming from the rear end
when going over speed-bumps. I never drive over them faster than maybe 5-10
mph and it wasnt until they fixed the squeak that I noticed the sound. At
first it sounded like something was banging around in the bed, but then I
realized the sound happened when I was going up the speed bump, not coming
down off it. I hope this is not normal.

Did the dealer forget to hook up something? Or (more possibly) did they do
it wrong? I never noticed anything like this before, just the squeak. Now
it's got me concerned that I have a piece of the suspension just waiting to
pop off or whatever. The truck is still under manf. warranty so I'm not
concerned about cost, but I'd like to get an idea of what to have them look
at first. I dont wanna go in there un-edumacated and have them blow smoke
you-know-where.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-adam