Re: '93 Magnum Longevity

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 17:16:07 EDT

You're absolutely right, IMO, Jon.
Had I been able to find one, when I needed a truck, I'd have grabbed a 318
Dak in a second. The only reason I got a V6 is because that's what I could
find. I talked to someone I know yesterday who just bought an '02 QC 4x4
with a 4.7/automatic, and she's getting the same gas mileage I'm getting
with my six-banger (15 city, 17 hwy.)
My next truck will be another Dak, (unless my luck changes and I can afford
a diesel Ram 2500) but with a 4.7L/5-speed combo this time.
I'm thinking I'll get another CC too, I like the ability to take people for
short trips or to keep selected cargo dry, but I don't want to give up the
foot of bed-space the QC would require.
JMO

--
Later,
Jon
<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> pbweb@mindspring.com wrote:
>
> : I'm looking at some '90-'93 Dakotas right now, to use as an ocassional
use
> : vehicle with various size loads (everything from a couple bags of mulch
to a
> : full sized car on a trailer).  I'm not looking to pound this car into
the
> : ground, but want something that's going to be fairly reliable.  With
that
> : being said, I'm bouncing between the V6 and the V8.  The v6 seems to
have a
> : history of longevity, how about the V8 Magnum (particularly a 93 model)?
>
> : Some of the V8's i'm running into have high mileage - 140-160k miles.
I'm

jon@jonsteiger.com -----.

http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'