4.7 HO Cam Uh Oh..........

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 03:05:29 EDT

We put them in today, it went somewhat smooth, but the guy who says they're
easy to my face will get a quick left hook from me. :) Anyways, the prob is
that my truck now pings. Took JET 2 out, still pings, but not as bad, even
with 89. Never had a ping prob before. Also, at about 4500+ rpm, it just flat
out falls on it's face, will not go any faster. I'm thinking that the PCM is
trying to re-learn, it was un plugged for quite a few hours, and the flat
spot seems to be moving up the rpm band. Any suggestions?? I'm not real happy
so far.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
By The End Of July!! See Them Here!!
http://community.webtv.net/OLZNUT/WelcometoOlznuts