Re: Engine/HO Cams Help/Questions

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 13:28:15 EDT

Also, the passenger side PCV plastic insert broke when removing it from the
head. I got the rest of it out and plugged the hole with a metal insert.
Could that be causing the problems I'm having?

I also noticed this in the FSM:

"CAUTION: After pulling locking pins out of each tensioner, DO NOT manually
extend the tensioner(s) ratchet. Doing so will over tension the chains,
resulting in noise and/or high timing chain loads."

While this doesn't apply to the cam install, could that be what we're
hearing, timing chain noise? Is the only fix for that to re-setup the timing
chains?

William