93 Dakota Blower Motor and Fuel Level Sender Issues?

From: PBWeb (pbweb@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 18:48:29 EDT

Thanks to everyone who helped out last week with my final decision on
whether or not to get a Dakota (not a biased crowd or anything, but the
suggestions definitely helped! :)

Anyhow, had a couple questions - have two problems I'm trying to sort
out. May be real easy items - but I was wondering if any owners may
have encountered this, or if there were any common issues/remedies for
the following:

The first is the fan/vent/ac blower. It was working fine (even the AC)
when I test drove the car, when I drove the car home, and for a day of
ownership, then it stopped - everything. When you select low-med-high
or anything else in the a/c cluster, nothing comes on. Fuses look ok...
the only thing I did to the car was a ignition cap/rotor change thus
far...

The other issue was a pre-existing problem - the fuel level sender just
bounces around (slightly) on Empty. I know, the easy fix - "fill your
tank!"..heh..it's not that, though.. just want to narrow it down to
whether it's the gauge or the sender...the cluster seems relatively easy
to get out - is there a way to test it easily from the sender?

Thanks for your help!
Pete