Re: Re: Rear end alignment

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 22:11:16 EDT

Well, I had a 84 Volvo 240, and it indeed had shims and bushings on the rear
axle housing, and it was a solid housing. The shims and bushings located the
rear end in the proper location. The bushings became worn, and when I'd
stand on the gas, the car would steer one way, the opposite when I let off.
Replaced the bushings, and all was well in the world.
I think the only thing on that car that wouldn't have rusted away was the
windshield.

Jon
STL MO