Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Taliban Bodies Video

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 03:52:14 EDT

Man, its not that simple!! We all see things differently. What we see as a
great tragedy, others (IE alqueda) see it as some sort of victory. IT HAS
NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MEDIA! We would like to blame the media for a lot of
stuff, but when you break it down to a single element, the media has nothing
to do with it.

As far as the "bombing is the American way" comment, it is total bullshit.
99% of the conflicts we deal with are solved diplomaticly, not with military
force. Its easy to see a bomb explode, but we rarely see the system of
diplomacy in action. Why else were we telling Ariel Sharon to back off,
and get his ass to the talking table?

When we do use military force, its a final resort. We went after Sadam in
the gulf war because we couldnt talk with the asshole, and liberate Kuait
peacefully. We went into Somolia & Kosovo for the same reason. And when
we do, we just dont "bomb the shit outa them", we use small ground tactical
operations to minimize the loss of civilian life. We only bomb when we know
for sure just what were bombing.

Theres a lot of weird shit going on in the world today, and I'm confused as
hell just like all the rest. All I can do is thank God I'm here on earth,
and make the best of it.

--
Gary Hedlin
"The Crazy Quadraplegic"

<Aajaynefour@cs.com> wrote in message news:10e.1725361b.2ab11480@cs.com... > > Hey Canuck, > > You seem to be so well informed and devoid of opinion why don't you remove > the wool from our American eyes. Clearly your vastly superior Canadian > media/information system is something we Americans could use a little of. > > Andrew