Re: Grady O. - Question

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@nospamplease.uswest.net)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 22:46:56 EDT

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:01:28 -0400, Stlaurent Mr Steven said...

> Grady, what is the opinion on the Mesa Headers products? I am currently
> looking to purchase some MESA headers for the Astro Blown Cruiser.

Careful -- the Mesa that made my headers disappeared from the face of
the earth. Mike Jones (of Jones Electroinic Technologies, original
maker of the JET chips) owned the place, and shortly after I bought
mine, he vanished. Moved from SoCal to Reno, then POOF. Gone. If
you've heard anything to the contrary, let me know -- I'd like to say
h'lo. It was too bad, because he stood by his gear AND the people he
chose as distributors/installers. The shop that put mine on subbed
out the welding on the Y-pipe, and they butchered it. He sent a brand
new Y-pipe assembly, no charge. This time I stood under the truck
while they decided that they didn't have to butcher it after all.

If you have a line on real Mesa headers, they are extremely well-made;
thick flanges - NO warping or cracks, triple nickel plating all over,
perfect mandrel bends, strong welds, etc... I'd even consider buying
them used, if you can get confirmation that there weren't fitment
problems on the model you're getting. If anything goes wrong like it
did on mine (and he's still incognito), you're on your own.

Like I said -- be careful. Lemme know how it goes.

--
Grady Ogburn (Denver, AIM: JGradyO)
Black '98 Sport CC 4x4 5.2l, 5 Speed, 3.55 LSD