Re: girlfriend

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 23:34:31 EDT

Danny L. Burrows wrote:
> This is off topic as hell but I need some advice either way. I am 19 years old first off, and the girl is 19
> also. She still lives with her parents. She is my girlfriend, ummm she has liked me since I was 14 or so. For some
> reason her parents hate me and when I call they always tell me she is not home. Well I had someone else call and ask
> for her, and guess what, she was home. What the hell do I do about this type of thing? The only time I get to talk
> to her is when she can find a pay phone when she is away with her parents. She has a job and works alot so that
> makes it hard for us to stay in contact also. I would REALLY like it if someone told me what to do. And before
> anyone says that I should talk to her parents... I tried it and they just hang up. The parents are her mom and
> grandmother. GREAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH 3 WOAMN!!!, counting my gf, lol.
>
> What Does Danny Do?

If they really don't like you, then likely either you did something in
the past (or are doing something now) that they didn't like or they
heard something about you that they don't like. It could be just a
misunderstanding on someone's part. Either way, you should probably
approach your girlfriend about it and ask her to break the ice with them
about the subject. There may be issues between them that they're
"venting" onto you. Your girlfriend may be completely oblivious to the
problem in the first place. If she won't help you work it all out, then
don't waste any more time with her.

But we can't tell you what you should do. You have to work it out for
yourself. It's part of growing up.