DML:New Member

From: Dave McGuire (chopped_spinach@mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 03:10:41 EDT

        Hi all... I just joined DML last moth though ive been reading the
archives for a few months probably. I have a 93 Dakota 4x4 with the v6
and 5speed tranny. My only mods are no rear window (for better venting)
rusty sheet metal sides bolted to the pipe wrack and a cool black and
primer gray paint job :P. It has 154,000 miles on it and has been beat
on pretty hard but it still runs. :D Now on to the problems...
        First off my trucks runs really rough every so often, its not quite
as bad as a missing cylinder (and i checked for spark) but it vibrates a
lot more and sounds like shit. The odd thing is its totally random, it
does it on startup sometimes fully hot others and lately it hasn't been
doing it at all. So im thinking it must be bad wiring/grounds messing
with the computer. Can anyone suggest where to start or tell me where to
find splices that might be bad. I haven't checked the fuel pressure so
it might be problem but a failing pump shouldn't get better should it?
        On to number 2, the timing chain is bad and my truck clacks like a
diesel. How much is a good "double roller" timing chain kit with new
gears and tensioner, or should I go with stock gear and quality chain
and tensioner? Anyone remember what this costs and where to buy mail
order? Could have something to do with problem 1...
        Hope you can help, wont be the first time. Thanks all.

Dave McGuire
'93 4x4 cc 3.9L, 5-speed