code 43 misfiring

From: Matt Grose (mgrose@ameritech.net)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 23:43:31 EDT

I hope someone on the list will be able to help me with this problem. Last
weekend I changed my cap, rotor, plugs (Autolite 3923 gapped at .40), and
new wires ( JBA Power Cables). The next day I started getting a check
engine light so I pulled the codes and got a code 43 which according to the
DML page is a misfire in cylinders 1, 2 ,3 or 4. I pulled the hood up that
night and could see the spark from cylinder #3. I am wondering what could
possibly be causing this misfire....could it be a bad plug, wire,...or
something else? Nothing else was done to the truck that day, just what is
mentioned above. Any help is appreciated.

-Matt Grose
South Euclid, OH
1997 Black 4x4 Dakota Sport
DML Profile: