Re: code 43 misfiring

From: Matt Grose (mgrose@ameritech.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 00:50:11 EDT

Well in the dark I could just see the spark around the wire boot while
connected to the plug. You can definitely hear it and see it at night.
Looks like there is to much juice going through the wire. I suspect a bad
wire as well. Just wanted other opinions on it before I took it to a shop.
So I guess to answer your question I would say the engine block. But mostly
between the plug and the wire. I checked the connections today and
everything is tight.

At 11:52 PM 9/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Where are you seeing the spark? Is it arcing to a another wire, the
>chassis, body, or engine blocl? It does sound like a bad wire at first
>but tell us more about what you're seeing there.

-Matt Grose
South Euclid, OH
1997 Black 4x4 Dakota Sport
DML Profile: