Re: RE: Magnum Engine Mods

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 23:49:32 EDT

Ok..........that's what I was thinking, just needed to confirm my suspicions
on that.
basically what we have planned is a 3.9 with a true 9.5:1 compression ratio,
measured and corrected deck height, (piston set .020 below deck thru decking
the block) and milling of the heads to the required chamber cc to achieve it
with a .038-.042
Fel-Pro head gasket, a reworked stock crank
that's machined for a better set of rods, rebalanced,
and set up with a lighter rotating mass,(Eagle,Erson, Manley, etc connecting
rod, and a set of KB sil-vo-lite, or Diamond racing pistons) , studded
mains, moly piston rings, cylinder head studs, ported and polished
heads.............generally a 3.9 built to live a long and healthy life of
street and strip performance.
and one of Speedtweak's 3310 Comp Cams bump sticks and the required valve
spring set's.
I figure it should have a nice 225-250 hp and around 275-300 lb/ft
torque..........and rev very nice and smooth!!.........This 3.9 will go down
in Gary Hedlin's
'98 Dakota Sport 2wd.........should make a nice daily driver and weekend
warrior at the strip once in a while.

Ron- '01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged
website: www.scsilverdak.com
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com