Re: Nu Image Gauges

From: Steve Feiler (stcr@lvcm.com)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 14:09:44 EDT

The price I am quoting is manufacturer direct, and I am not a retailer
expecting any sort of markup or profit. Once credit card fees and shipping
costs are included, there might be somewhere around 35 cents left over, and
that's only because I have found it a lot easier to quote flat-dollar prices
(ie: $80.00) than exact costs ($79.65). I wouldn't be surprised if the
price Nu Image gave us for the last group buy (and this new one) is merely
jobber cost. But then again, that's what you're paying, not the marked up
retailer cost.

This particular retailer has a single gauge face style "discounted" to 79.95
plus shipping, whereas the others are still higher at $89.95/119.95 plus
shipping - notice their regular prices are $129 plus shipping ($50 higher).
Maybe they're overstocked and are letting some go at jobber cost, I can't
begin to guess what their conditions or quantities are for that price. I'm
glad you got a good price from a retailer - when the bargains are out there,
jump on them!

Anyone interested in buying one for $80 shipped, let me know and I'll
forward your order to Nu Image.

- Steve
http://www.dakota-durango.com