Re: Camera WAS: Read this spark plug? a question back

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 00:36:22 EDT

Jon N. Benignus wrote:

> I build and repair cameras for a living, and my employer also has a VERY
> large photo lab, both film and digital. The resolution of 35mm film has been
> measured, the info came straight from a major film company, which we do a
> LOT of business with, even partner with. That's what they told us-35
> megapixel.

Of course that's what they told you - it keeps them in business longer
(note the major film (as in the media, not film cameras) companies
aren't standouts in today's digital marketplace). I seem to recall when
I was shopping for a digital in May of 2001 that people were claiming
film to be 14 MP, now it's magically 35 MP? Don't be surprised if it's
50 MP in a year or so.