Cab-to-frame mounts

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 01:54:00 EDT

I know this has been talked about before - - also I browsed the archives
and found some info.. but nothing solid.

Prothane sells 2wd truck bushing kits if I remember correctly? But not
4wd kits? Did anyone ever find out why the bushings were listed as 2wd
only and not 4wd? If so - has anyone tried the busings on a 4wd truck?
  I really can't see the cab mounts being any different. I'm really
thinking about going ahead and ordering the 2wd mounts and trying it anyway.

The dealer wants $50 bucks roughly, for each side (all new cab-to-frame
parts) for a total of about $110 for 6 new mounts. Sound reasonable to
anyone?

--

"...mmm, truck..."

Terrible Tom & "Granpa"

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/