Just Had to Vent

From: sflindsey@highlights-corp.com
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 12:30:31 EDT

My 00QC died Friday night with the check engine light on and a message
flashing on the odometer "no bus". I have it towed to the dealer and it
ends up being the PCM. They replace it without cost because it is covered
under the 8yr/80,000 mile warranty for this part. I pick up the truck
yesterday and immediately after starting the enging, I notice that the
check engine light is still on. I take it in today and the fan relay has
short circuited. I find it highly unlikely that the service engine light
just came on between the mechanic driving from the garage to outside
parking lot. I would think that the light was on when he drove it out.
The truck is just out of the bumper to bumper 36K. It has 37,400 on it.
This is the sixth vehicle that my wife and I have bought from the same
dealership in 8 years. I argue with the service advisor and she can't do
anything without talking to the service manager. She can't talk to him
because he's out. I ask to talk to his boss. The GM is out also. Both of
them are in Atlanta. Of course, I can't just leave because they will
charge me for the diagnostic and if I come back to have the work done, it
will cost me more. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I had
them do the work and told her that I would definitely be talking to the
service manager next week. $86.09 and I am broke before I get paid
tomorrow.

Boy what a pain in the butt. I still find it very hard to believe that the
fan relay just happened to go bad after the PCM was replaced. I tend to
think that the mechanic saw what it was, knew it wouldn't be covered under
the bumper to bumper, figured I would bring it back in thinking it was
related to the PCM and running diagnostics would bring them some more money
in.

Thx for letting me vent!!
Scott
Columbus, OH
00QC Flame Red 3.9L nothing else special other than my personalized Ohio
bicentennial plates "QUADCB"!