RE: Glowing headers

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 09:55:52 EDT

Mike,
Yes, this is normal. Headers are extremely thin walled as compared to the
stock manifolds. Even though they dissipate heat more easily, there isn't
as much mass there to absorb the heat in the first place. (You should have
seen mine glowing in the daytime when I broke in my last cam.) Nothing to
worry about.
Rich - Ashburn, VA