Re: RE: Hit the dyno today...

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 01:38:52 EDT

Bernd, the Holley pump(which I use btw) won't fix that and neither will the
pump with the regulator. The pump only gains you reliablity and the added
volume if offers only comes into play in cases of extreme mods. The stock
pump will actually suffice under most conditions.

The rising rate regulator will only counter the 8 psi of boost, but it
won't bring that 15:1+ down to the 12.5:1 range, which is the absolute
leanest you want it with a blower. No shot on that one. At WOT the PCM is
delivering fuel based on a pre-programmed table *BUT* with compensation
based on short term fuel trims plus,.... and here's the biggie, a
compensation for fuel pressure based on a pre-programmed "standard". Simply
jacking the pressure won't do it because the PCM will counter by shortening
the injector duty cycles.

Larger injectors all around or at least for the aux injectors(if your
blower kit has them). At WOT the computer isn't looking at anything but
those pre-set tables with a couple of adaptives thrown in and that works in
your favor with the larger injectors.

Bob
'01 R/T Paxton S/C
13.3@108 first passes and running quite lean with 24s