Underdrive Pullies

From: ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 12:47:32 EDT

My uncle had a set of underdrive pullies on his Gen II Dakota with a 3.9. I have a Gen
III Dakota with a 5.2. The pullies that he has are Jet pullies. According to the Jet
web site the same pullies fit the 3.9 and 5.2. But, the part numbers for the Gen
(#90500) and Gen III (#90501) are different. Does anyone know what the difference would
be in a Gen II and Gen III set? My uncle told me that he called Jet and the technician
said that all of the pullies would work except for the water pump pulley. Is there a
difference in the water pump and/or fan set up from Gen II to Gen III? Also, how much
gain do you think I would get by not doing the water pump pulley? Would there be
any problems by not doing the water pump pulley?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the input.

Garret
1997, 4x4, v8, cc
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)