Re: Underdrive Pullies

From: Marty Nowak \(Got-Speed\) (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 21:00:19 EDT

Garret,
I bought a set of march performance UD pullies, and have yet to install them
for that same reason. The difference is the waterpump on the 97+ is rivited
on, making for installing a pully *almost impossible* (I suppose you can cut
off the rivits) I just purchased a brand new 93 magnum water pump off ebay
for $14.95 which will allow me to use the water pump pully as well. Other
than the rivits everything is the same. I would go ahead and get a water
pump from a pre 97 and use the water pump pully. Its a good time to swap to
a 180 T-Stat since the coolant is allready out.

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed

<ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com> wrote in message

> My uncle had a set of underdrive pullies on his Gen II Dakota with a 3.9.
I have a Gen
> III Dakota with a 5.2. The pullies that he has are Jet pullies.
According to the Jet
> web site the same pullies fit the 3.9 and 5.2. But, the part numbers for
the Gen
> (#90500) and Gen III (#90501) are different. Does anyone know what the
difference would
> be in a Gen II and Gen III set? My uncle told me that he called Jet and
the technician
> said that all of the pullies would work except for the water pump pulley.
Is there a
> difference in the water pump and/or fan set up from Gen II to Gen III?
Also, how much
> gain do you think I would get by not doing the water pump pulley? Would
there be
> any problems by not doing the water pump pulley?
>
> Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the input.
>
> Garret
> 1997, 4x4, v8, cc
------
> (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek
and
> (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say,
the
> /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be
an
> / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message
was
> * ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain,
it
> ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the
world.
------