Re: RE: Help passing emissions...

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 15:14:40 EDT

Under the For What It's Worth Dept.:

Here in Delaware I have heard they are going to or are considering going to
a system where they will no longer stick a probe in the exhaust pipe. They
will plug into the vehicle computer and check the codes and decide from
there whether to pass or fail the vehicle. I wonder if I clear all the
codes from the computer right before I go thru the inspection lane will
help it pass.

Also, check this out, I'm sure Ron (scsilverdak) can verify this one for
me. My folks live in Chester County PA and they must be emissions
inspected. I've applied for a new job in that area and if I get it and move
up there I too would be subject to emissions testing. UNLESS.. if I move
about 15 miles west of where my parents live, into Lancaster County, there
is no emissions test. Apparently Chester County is close enough to
Philadelphia where it can make a difference in air quality but Lancaster
County isn't.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE