Re: RE: Help passing emissions...

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 17:03:25 EDT

Yea, I can help on this one, the state of PA is very anal when it comes to
this crap...........sometimes the only chance you have is to live in a
county where testing isn't mandatory, I live in Fayette county, and we don't
have to test!
the easiest way to pass a test is change the following
prior to a test............
install fresh spark plugs......gapped correctly
change the oil and filter..........
check and replace plug wires and dist cap if they are worn.......
install a fresh pcv valve and breather filters
if you have a K&N filter, clean and reoil it or add a fresh air filter if
you have a stock air box.
also add a new gasket for the throttle body, and clean the idle air control
valve and reinstall it.
Also run a bottle of fuel system cleaner thru the truck
to clean the injectors...........
if you have any aftermarket performance parts installed that have a E.O.#
HAVE THE proper papers on you (or applied under the hood)
 as proof that those parts are legal.
this way you can't fail the visual test!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Ron- '01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged
website: www.scsilverdak.com
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com