Re: RE: Hit the dyno today...

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 00:58:24 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> Increasing the pressure, in short bursts, won't affect the PCM (LT% or
> ST%) as the 1/4 mile runs are followed up by longer trips back home.
> Unless the person is (well...like a lot of us) the type who uses the gas
> pedal as an ON/OFF switch, then...they definitely need some sort of
> custom programming or "Add-On" control devices.

Bernd, the pressue offset I was talking about has nothing to do with the LT
or ST trim. It's a simple pressure read that causes an offset in the WOT
table. Certainly an issue with the later trucks, though maybe not with the
97-98 models. Don't know when they added the logic.

> On the rising rate regulator, we've got A/F readings to disprove that
> (12.0:1 in most cases). (No poke at ya on that one...just what we found
> with the regulator we're using.)
>
> - Bernd

Don't know exactly what you mean by rising regulator. If it's a simple 1:1
then all you're doing is countering the boost pressure and again 19#
injectors are pretty much done(gone static) at 325 rwhp, and injectors
really shouldn't be pushed beyond 80% duty cycles for reliable performance
anyway.

Bob