Re: Was New Durango Now : (RANT!!! )

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 23:20:18 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> The only option for a good trail rig is quickly becoming, to spend
> thousands for custom work! Not everyone can afford that!

Or buy an older vehicle. Cheaper to boot. You can get a running CJ for
2 grand. If I had the space to keep it, I'd have a '72 FJ 40 in my
hands right now, as I have a friend trying to sell his.

> Why not at least make it an option for those who DO want it? To that I
> bet they would say "It cost to much to develop a solid axle truck" or
> "cost would be prohibitive" ( I am aware that developing a car or
> truck is not cheap - so don't shoot me over that point)

It already is an option - the HD vehicles. To offer 2 completely
separate suspensions on one vehicle is definitely cost-prohibitive.

> I'm sorry but a Dodge SUV or truck
> with a IRS set up?? Give me a break. Unfortunatly I bet that the IRS
> suspension WILl sell better because the grocery getters (who never see
> anything but pavement) want that cushy ride.

They're all going that direction and for exactly that reason. I'm
surprised the TrailBlazer was still a solid axle.