Re: Re: Cross-drilled rotors pretty cheap

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 02:23:16 EDT

Don't knock those rotors too fast my friends heh. I have a set of those
exact slotted and cross drilled rotors on my 89 4x4 and I have had zero
problems with them so far. No warping so far - with about 3500-4000
miles on them. (I put them on just prior to going out to the BBQ over
the 4th of July) I am using Napa's top of the line pads with them. So
far I have not been dissapointed. The brakes on my 89 2wd were
terrible. The rotors kept warping and the pads kept glazing.

The rotors and pads I took off the 4x4 were in OK shape - some warping
and grooving on the rotor. I can't really tell if I have noticed
incrased braking power... but they are not overheating and
warping/glazing like the solid rotors I used to have. In my opinion it
was well worth the purchase for the better heat dissipation. And the
way I drive - thats a good thing. LOTS of HARD FAST acceloration - -
stop and go Chicago city traffic.

I would definatly buy these rotors again. They only come in 4x4
versions however :-( can't get them for my 2wd.

--

"...mmm, truck..."

Terrible Tom & "Granpa"

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/