J.C. Whitney drilled rotors,and curing common problems (Tom,and others).

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 21:41:44 EDT

Tom,if you`re having good luck with those rotors,I`ll
probably try a set. The price is definitely right.
There are three things that I see that are common to
our brakes,that I hope to get rid of by going to
aftermarket brake parts:
1) Warping! There are two things in this world that
are severely warped: My rotors,and Marilyn Manson.
Rotor problems are fixable.
2) Rrrt. Yes,you heard me right. "Rrrt"! That`s the
characteristic groan/chatter that many Dodge
vehicles,but especially Daks,make right before the
vehicle comes to a complete stop. Sounds junky. I`ve
seen this condition described as "rrrt" on several
websites relating to Dodge brakes. Probably caused by
oscillation of the brake pad in the caliper,or the pad
material itself. I`d like to fix it,but I can live
with it,I guess.
3) Rust (or ice?)seizing. This is when you apply the
brakes for the first time after the vehicle has sat in
the snow or sleet,or even rain overnight. Happens in
cold weather. I guess only aluminum rotors would cure
this completely?

These would be my reasons for wanting new brakes. Not
for better braking,necessarily. Just to get rid of
crappy little annoyances like that.

Steve P.

Steve P.

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.