Re: 2003 Ram Diesel

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@clearsource.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 23:16:14 EDT

I don't know about noise at full throttle but at idle with the hood closed
you probably would not know it was running unless maybe inside a quiet
garage. Outdoors you cannot hear it unless you put an ear against the hood!
It is unbelievably quiet. Go find one and see for yourself. I asked the
salesman how they got it so quiet. He said new head design, different
injection system greatly reduced noise and increased hp a lot too. The
Cummins has always been the fuel mileage champ too. I also know lots of
them have gone over 400k without an overhaul. Ferds break down a lot I hear
from owners. I work at an independent garage ya know. We see lots of
trucks in our shop mostly for A/C installation and repair. This Ram is a
lot quieter than a Mercedes diesel car!