Re: Gen III 15x8 On A Gen II

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 17:11:18 EDT

> Will the Gen III 15x8 rims fit on a Gen II truck? I'd like to put a set on
> : my '95. I know bolt pattern is the same but what about backspacing?
Here's my two cents:
Yes, they fit, with one caveat: If you use the traditional wheel weights,
you will need to grind the point of the upper control arm for clearance.
IMHO, this should be done anyway. I have no problems with mine whatsoever
without a spacer. Center caps fit fine. Note-I mounted BFG 235/75-15 AT
tires, and without the spacers they do tend to rub while at full lock on the
weather "flap" material in the wheel well. With a fender washer (no pun
intended) on each stud, the problem is all but eliminated.
For lug nuts, go to Auto Zone and get lug nuts for aluminum wheels, 1/2 dia.
RH thread. These will have a much larger mating surface on them compared to
the OEM. They will be longer, too. IIRC, I got all 24 for about $20 this
past spring.

HTH
Jon
STL