HO Cam Saga Still!

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 02:47:27 EDT

Ok, I still have the missing/pinging problem on my 4.7L with HO CAMS.

Here's the details:

1) It pings at midrange/heavy acceleration
2) It misses at WOT on Cylinder #8
3) Feels dead at high RPMS (Above 4000)
4) It gets REALLY REALLY LOUD above 3500-4000 as well. Way louder than
with a stock cam

I have a Mike Leach flash, FMS 21# injectors, custom exhaust, 4" IP air
intake and a F&B TB. I had Mike Leach retard the timing 3 1/2 degrees
and I still have the same symptoms (albeit less pinging)

So, I'm going to order a BRAND NEW set of HO cams and put those in on
Veterans Day and see what happens.

I would like some advice from others to find out if anyone knows
anything that I don't or should be looking at. I've already
checked/changed plugs, checked the coil and everything comes out fine. I
am running 91 octane. Why would just cylinder #8 do it? Could the cam be
off or misground?

Thanks
william